Hayling Island

Hayling Island

Friday, July 26, 2019

Liberator, my trusty Z210 had a small failure two days ago. Wouldn't boot up - I have been switching her off during the heat wave when I haven't needed her going all the time. She'd come on for about 2-3 seconds, and then flump.

I felt like my right arm was cut off. I have not been in the new Lab in the garden very long, and things are still finding a place, but even so.

I pulled all of the USB devices, all of internal cards, re-seated the fan connectors and re-did the heat sink and fan assembly. Still broken.

So I did a search on eBay, found a company called ICT Reverse who had one in stock, and they delivered within less than 24 hours.

And today, Liberator is back up and running! I must take those Windows stickers off it, though. This machine proudly runs Linux Mint 19.





Meanwhile I have installed a new CPU board in the 16500A. (an eBay purchase from the far Americas for less than 30 quid - amazing) The new CPU board has twice the memory of the old one, so it 1) takes longer to boot and 2) the 1 gig sa/second two channel analogue board and the 100MHz logic analyser can run at the same time. Result!


No comments:

Post a Comment